5 Things You Can Do To Get More Leads In Your Area
Getting your business seen, especially when you're just starting out, can be challenging. Creativity and brand play a big part in growing your clientele. Before you branch out, start with introducing yourself to your neighbors. Who are these? People who pass by your business, people who live in the area, businesses that are located near you, etc. Here are 5 things you can do to make an impression on them:
- Send postcards to introduce yourself and your services / main products. If you are just opening up, invite them to the soft opening. Make the invites or postcards personable.
- Display well-designed large banners, posters or flags in front of your space to help people spot your business. Keep the message short but engaging. Add eye-catching graphics or a curiosity peaking slogan to get the attention of passers-by. Remember, most people don't stop to read signs. If your text is too long, your tagline must at least stand out, otherwise, you'll lose their attention.
- Hand out flyers personally. Go door-to-door or stand on the street to greet neighbors. Prepare your "elevator pitch" to give them a brief summary of what you specialize in. After you introduce yourself, hand them a flyer so they can learn more about how they can work with you at a future time. If there is a lot of interest, consider taking down their info so you can follow up with them.
- Do you drive regularly? Why not add vinyl graphics or a car magnet with your logo, tagline, website and main contact info? This is a great way to get seen in and around town - whether you're parked, in traffic or cruising down the neighborhood.
- Publish local ads - whether online or on newspapers. Encourage people to send you an e-mail or visit your location with some sort of benefit (i.e. a discount)